Wednesday, October 19, 2011

4 going on 14

There is lots of talk in the car on the way to and from school.  So much chatting sometimes that it is really quite amusing to just listen.  If I answer or get involved in the conversation, I often get "I was talking to _____!" clearly telling me to butt out.  The other day, they were discussing the paint colors they had used at school.  Pumpkin said he used "red and jello", and Peanut said she had used "blue and lello".  They began to go back and forth with lello and jello, until Peanut finally said "It's not Jello!  It's Lello!" in a completely exasperated voice.  It was really hard to keep from becoming completely hysterical.  I thought I'd have to intervene as Pumpkin began to cry, but then Peanut says, "Forget it - I'm just doing my own thing" and flips her hair to turn towards her window.  Oy. 

No comments: