Thursday, June 11, 2009

Waiting...

So this baby was due on June 6th. We are still waiting for the grand entrance, and I am beginning to get a little overly focused on it I think. Every old wives tale about how to get labor started is being put to the test around here. We even had tomato-basil ravioli with basil sauce and a salad with oregano balsamic dressing tonight! So maybe we will all go into labor.

Of course I didn't help that on Tuesday my midwives started talking induction with me - that completely stressed me out and made me feel so pressured to get things rolling. I feel like everything has gone by the wayside except for getting this baby to come out. I am a big proponent of letting the baby cook as long as it needs to, so this is new territory for me. I've been trying to stay busy so I don't think too much about it, but it is easier said than done!

The plan for now is to continue to do all the things we are doing, do the non-stress test on Saturday - the ultrasound, fetal heart monitor and all - and then I've got an appointment for acupuncture on Monday morning. So hopefully we can get the ball rolling before the 18th, which is when the induction is scheduled for. At this point, since I'm fine and the baby is fine, I suspect I wouldn't come for the induction anyway...

Who would blame these kids? I guess it is warm and cozy in there!

No comments: