Friday, February 18, 2011

Just my imagination...

As Peanut has gotten older, her dives into dramatic play have become more complicated of course, but lately it seems like a whole new level has been opened up. Pumpkin follows along with whatever game she invents, and now I have two big kids who create their own dramas and can play on their own for decent stretches of time... so you will probably hear more from me since I've suddenly got some free time.

I've been feeling under the weather and this morning the kids were playing downstairs while I sat on the couch. The got a whole bunch of the dolls hooked up in the double stroller and started planning and expedition. They both loaded the stroller with provisions, Peanut talking the whole time about how they would be "super, super hungry" when they got to their destination.

Later in the day, we were playing outdoors (in February without jackets!) and Peanut set up a kitchen in the top part of the playground. She pretended to be "a lady named Elizabeth" and cooked Pumpkin and I turkey, fish and sauce for dinner. The two of them dragged a little table and chairs over to the "house" and set it all up for the meal. I was invited and served - how lovely!

It is so fun to hear her set the scene for me and tell me what part I should play. I just love the leaps of three...

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

So exciting isn't it! Vinny had a play date with another girl who loves dramatic play and it was so funny to see their worlds collide. Think Dinosaur comes to OZ. Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to this kind of play when Rocky can participate more. So sad our kiddos can't hang regularly.