Thursday, February 17, 2011

Garden of my dreams!

It is that time of year - the time to plant seeds indoors and get all fired up about the tremendous farm I will plant outside in a few short weeks/months. I got myself a serious set up this year with a grow light and heating mat, and I have already had one inquiry from the neighbors :) about the odd glow. Last year, I had seedlings all over the place, but I didn't have any excellent light or warm spaces to keep them healthy, so they got kind of leggy and droopy. Peanut helped me plant our seeds over the weekend, and we already have sprouts only a few days later. Our brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbages, lettuces, tomatoes, basil, thyme are all coming up fast! Of course that means I need to get on it and build at least one raised bed for the early veggies to go outdoors in a few weeks. I've got work to do!

No comments: