Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Simple Things

I make lists.  I have notebooks with various lists all over the house.  When I feel overwhelmed, I begin a new list.  I love checking stuff off, and love the feeling of accomplishment that gives me.  So why am I feeling lately so overwhelmed when I look at my list?  So much is getting crossed off, but the list keeps on growing and growing so it seems endless.  I've stumbled upon a blog (that I am now addicted to), and while much of it is stellar information and ideas, one basic simple thing has popped out at me that helps answer why my to-do lists are killing me.  Each day, define your three most important tasks.  That's it.  Out of your list, make three things the MIT's and do them.  Seems like a no-brainer right?  But here's the thing.  In her examples, she has things like "spend quality time with family - picnic?" and "tell Sue funny joke" and all kinds of other relationship related things.  Woah.  You mean I can (and should) put those things on my list?  And that they can (and should) be on the MIT's?  Hallelujah!  It's only been two days of trying this and I am already feeling a difference.  It really is the simple things that make all of the difference. 

No comments: