Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tying things up...

For those of you following along at home, I figured I'd update some of the loose ends here...

I've been trying to avoid the topic of weight as I really do believe that there is an unhealthy focus on this in our culture. You can see the beginning of my attempt to keep track of how long it really takes to lose the "baby weight" here. I cannot avoid the fact that I am still wearing maternity jeans and if I did wear regular pants it would be in a size that I do not now nor have ever owned, and that I simply refuse to purchase. Thus the maternity jeans. I do have one pair of jeans that fit (poorly and uncomfortably) that are in a size I am familiar with :) but I can hardly breathe in them so it really doesn't count.

Can you hear my frustration? Can you sense my attempt to chill out about it as we are only 3 months in? Can you tell this is really really hard for me?

The really crummy thing though is that I only have about 15 more pounds to go, and it wears like so much more. I can tell that what everyone says is true - your body shape really does change after the second one. I am finding that my tummy is really beginning to slim while my hips and thighs remain the same. *sigh*

I know that if I could carve out some time to move it would really make a difference in how I feel about this as well as in the weight itself, but that is proving to be way harder this time around. I think by now with Peanut I was walking the dog everyday (we are lucky if it is every week right now) and had started back at yoga and pilates. In order to do classes now, I need to get daycare which is really silly for an hour or two a day. I thought there was a moment when naps were coinciding and I'd be able to get a workout in during the day, but that was short lived. I know I should just put the kids in the stroller and go but then I feel like I am depriving Peanut of the time she needs to run around....I know, I need to take care of myself if I want to take care of anyone else well. OK, you've convinced me - I'm walking this week.

On the home improvement front, we did finish Peanut's bookshelves - they came out great! Here they are -







And we got our small composter back - had no idea how little it really was! In our townhouse yard it looked so big!

As far as the Oil Cleansing Method I started in July (read about it here), it is really great! For the most part, my skin feels great - and really when it doesn't I know it is because of something I ate (or didn't eat) or that I need more sleep, or should rethink something I have said "yes" to... It's as if by cleansing this way my skin has been allowed to tell me more about the rest of my body. Or maybe it just forces me to pay better attention. Pretty cool.

I'm sure there are more loose ends to tie...but a little man here needs some attention!

No comments: