Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ah Verizon, how I have missed you!

As you can see, I have been a little out of touch lately! We had our internet, phone and TV all set up just before we moved in and though all was well with the world. Last Wednesday, our old systems got shut down, and we were all set to re point our email addresses and transfer our phone line, until...
Monday when we were told that in order to re point the emails, our old DSL account and new FIOS account needed to be in the same name. Well, Honey had set up the new account when we had our division of labor, so the names were not the same. Verizon can't have two people on an account - that would be crazy. So we had to cancel the service and have it disconnected and then do a new order for service in my name. OY! Of course, it took about three hours on the phone with them to figure out that was what needed to happen. And then another several calls each day since then to follow up. Finally this afternoon we have all systems go (although, our email addresses still do not work - I was told to give it 24 hours and then call back!).

So I am back on the blog and have a lot to catch up on. The short story is that we are working hard and are very tired! More to come...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie! Congratulations on getting into the new house!! I've been following your progress on your blog and I have to say, you guys absolutely amaze me with all you have done.