Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Evidence

Little kids have a hard time sleeping. Which means parents have a hard time sleeping too - or at least their sleep is interrupted - some of us (ahem - I'll give you a hint - it isn't me) have no trouble sleeping at all.

Honey wakes with the kids at night, because he is able to go right back to sleep within seconds of his head hitting the pillow, while once I am out of bed I am up for good. We have had some interesting occurrences lately when both kids wake up. A couple of weeks ago, everyone was waking on the hour and Honey went in to sit with Pumpkin and I went in to see to Peanut. Well, I fell asleep in Peanut's bed when she just couldn't be soothed any other way, and woke sometime later to a strange rhythmical sound - "bang, bang, bang..." I started thinking about what it could be, and then it dawned on me that Pumpkin was awake and walking around the house while Honey had fallen asleep and had no idea he was on the loose. Sure enough, he was opening and closing my nightstand drawers. He then he came in to Peanuts room to say good morning. I'm sure glad he is pretty safe now on the stairs!

A few early mornings this week I took advantage of the early wake up to go downstairs and exercise. Well, I arrived back up after my workout to find Honey and the kids eating breakfast - so far so good - and then discovered my pillow had been beautifully decorated with black pen. Two days in a row. So once again, Honey took Peanut back into our bed so they can sleep, and once daddy is out, Pumpkin gets into mischief! Thank goodness we are pretty chill about this kind of thing, otherwise I can see us having fits every day. I'm just going to look at this as Pumpkin being very independent and curious - which is a good thing, isn't it?

No comments: