Saturday, December 3, 2011

Zombie

There are moments as a parent when you are in a weird kind of twilight zone.  You are acting and speaking, and at the same time, listening to yourself with disbelief at the things that are currently coming out of your mouth and at the actions happening, but seemingly unable to stop the train.  Recently, I was having a whole inner dialogue with myself (mostly consisting of "really? you really just said that?  seriously?") as I was getting more and more amped up about something the kids were doing.  As I extricated myself not so gracefully from the situation, I thought of this post with a much more eloquent inner dialogue than mine that reminded me that my job is to teach rather than to expect.  We are all doing our best and there is no need to be perfect.  We can always start again. 

No comments: